I'm a theoretical physicist, interested in early universe cosmology, black holes, quantum mechanics, and assorted other topics.
Phys Sci Res Assoc, Physics
Holographic Complexity Equals Bulk Action?
PHYSICAL REVIEW LETTERS
2016; 116 (19)
We conjecture that the quantum complexity of a holographic state is dual to the action of a certain spacetime region that we call a Wheeler-DeWitt patch. We illustrate and test the conjecture in the context of neutral, charged, and rotating black holes in anti-de Sitter spacetime, as well as black holes perturbed with static shells and with shock waves. This conjecture evolved from a previous conjecture that complexity is dual to spatial volume, but appears to be a major improvement over the original. In light of our results, we discuss the hypothesis that black holes are the fastest computers in nature.
View details for DOI 10.1103/PhysRevLett.116.191301
View details for Web of Science ID 000376011400002
View details for PubMedID 27232013
- Complexity, action, and black holes PHYSICAL REVIEW D 2016; 93 (8)
CAN WE MINE A BLACK HOLE?
2015; 312 (2): 44-49
View details for Web of Science ID 000348250200025
- Compactifying de Sitter space naturally selects a small cosmological constant PHYSICAL REVIEW D 2014; 90 (12)
- Decay of hot Kaluza-Klein space PHYSICAL REVIEW D 2014; 90 (10)
- Spectrum and stability of compactifications on product manifolds PHYSICAL REVIEW D 2014; 90 (4)
- Flux compactifications on (S-2)(N) PHYSICAL REVIEW D 2014; 90 (4)