Doctor of Philosophy, University of British Columbia (2019)
Master of Science, Natl & Capodistrian Univ Of Athens (2013)
Bachelor of Science, Natl & Capodistrian Univ Of Athens (2011)
Daria Mochly-Rosen, Postdoctoral Faculty Sponsor
Treatment strategies for glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency: past and future perspectives.
Trends in pharmacological sciences
Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) maintains redox balance in a variety of cell types and is essential for erythrocyte resistance to oxidative stress. G6PD deficiency, caused by mutations in the G6PD gene, is present in ~400 million people worldwide, and can cause acute hemolytic anemia. Currently, there are no therapeutics for G6PD deficiency. We discuss the role of G6PD in hemolytic and nonhemolytic disorders, treatment strategies attempted over the years, and potential reasons for their failure. We also discuss potential pharmacological pathways, including glutathione (GSH) metabolism, compensatory NADPH production routes, transcriptional upregulation of the G6PD gene, highlighting potential drug targets. The needs and opportunities described here may motivate the development of a therapeutic for hematological and other chronic diseases associated with G6PD deficiency.
View details for DOI 10.1016/j.tips.2021.07.002
View details for PubMedID 34389161
- A series of selective events NATURE REVIEWS CHEMISTRY 2021
Zirconium Catalyzed Hydroaminoalkylation for the Synthesis of alpha-Arylated Amines and N-Heterocycles.
Chemistry (Weinheim an der Bergstrasse, Germany)
We report the zirconium catalyzed hydroaminoalkylation of alkenes with N-aryl- and sterically demanding N-alkyl-alpha-arylated secondary amines using commercially available Zr(NMe2)4. N-phenyl- and N-isopropylbenzylamine are used as amine substrates to establish the alkene substrate scope. Exclusively linear products are obtained in the presence of bulky vinylsilanes. Challenging alpha-heteroarylated amines and functionalized alkene substrates are compatible with this easy to use catalyst, affording a new disconnection strategy for the atom- and step-economic preparation of selectively substituted saturated alpha-arylated heterocycles.
View details for DOI 10.1002/chem.202100014
View details for PubMedID 33427338
- Zirconium Hydroaminoalkylation. An Alternative Disconnection for the Catalytic Synthesis of α-Arylated Primary Amines J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2019; 141 (48): 18944-18948
- The Reaction of N-Trimethylsilyl Substituted Heteroarylamines with Thio- and Oxoesters: An Efficient Protocol to Access Diheteroarylamides, Synthesi Synthesis 2019; 51 (08): 1779-1790
- Mono- and Difluorination of Benzylic Carbon Atoms Eur. J. Org. Chem. 2016; 5: 871-886
- 4-(1-Adamantyl)phenylalkylamines with Potential Antiproliferative Activity Lett. Org. Chem. 2016; 13 (3): 171-176
- Synthesis and Trypanocidal Action of New Adamantane Substituted Imidazolines MedChemComm 2013; 4: 856-859