Doctor of Philosophy, University of British Columbia (2019)
Master of Science, Natl & Capodistrian Univ Of Athens (2013)
Bachelor of Science, Natl & Capodistrian Univ Of Athens (2011)
Daria Mochly-Rosen, Postdoctoral Faculty Sponsor
Zirconium Catalyzed Hydroaminoalkylation for the Synthesis of alpha-Arylated Amines and N-Heterocycles.
Chemistry (Weinheim an der Bergstrasse, Germany)
We report the zirconium catalyzed hydroaminoalkylation of alkenes with N-aryl- and sterically demanding N-alkyl-alpha-arylated secondary amines using commercially available Zr(NMe2)4. N-phenyl- and N-isopropylbenzylamine are used as amine substrates to establish the alkene substrate scope. Exclusively linear products are obtained in the presence of bulky vinylsilanes. Challenging alpha-heteroarylated amines and functionalized alkene substrates are compatible with this easy to use catalyst, affording a new disconnection strategy for the atom- and step-economic preparation of selectively substituted saturated alpha-arylated heterocycles.
View details for DOI 10.1002/chem.202100014
View details for PubMedID 33427338
- Zirconium Hydroaminoalkylation. An Alternative Disconnection for the Catalytic Synthesis of α-Arylated Primary Amines J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2019; 141 (48): 18944-18948
- The Reaction of N-Trimethylsilyl Substituted Heteroarylamines with Thio- and Oxoesters: An Efficient Protocol to Access Diheteroarylamides, Synthesi Synthesis 2019; 51 (08): 1779-1790
- Mono- and Difluorination of Benzylic Carbon Atoms Eur. J. Org. Chem. 2016; 5: 871-886
- 4-(1-Adamantyl)phenylalkylamines with Potential Antiproliferative Activity Lett. Org. Chem. 2016; 13 (3): 171-176
- Synthesis and Trypanocidal Action of New Adamantane Substituted Imidazolines MedChemComm 2013; 4: 856-859