School of Medicine
Showing 1-4 of 4 Results
Professor of Developmental Biology, of Computer Science, of Pediatrics (Genetics) and of Biomedical Data Science
Current Research and Scholarly Interests1. Automating monogenic patient diagnosis.
2. The genomic signatures of independent divergent and convergent trait evolution in mammals.
3. The logic of human gene regulation.
4. The reasons for sequence ultraconservation.
5. Cryptogenomics to bridge medical silos.
6. Cryptogenetics to debate social injustice.
7. Managing patient risk using machine learning.
8. Understanding the flow of money in the US healthcare system.
Professor of Pediatrics (Genetics) and, by courtesy, of Genetics
Current Research and Scholarly InterestsMy research is focused on the diagnosis, discovery and delineation of rare genetic conditions with a focus of neurodevelopmental disorders. This work includes the application of novel computational methods and multi-omics profiling (whole genome sequencing, RNA sequencing, metabolomics). I additionally participate in an interdisciplinary project to develop induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) models of genetic neurodevelopmental disorders..