School of Medicine
Showing 1-9 of 9 Results
Professor (Research) of Pediatrics (Adolescent Medicine) and, by courtesy, of Health Research and Policy (Epidemiology)
Current Research and Scholarly InterestsResearch focuses on developmental, cognitive and psychosocial factors involved in adolescents’ and young adults’ health-related decision-making, perceptions of risk and vulnerability, health communication and risk behavior. My research has focused on understanding and reducing health risk behaviors such as tobacco use, alcohol and marijuana use, risky driving, and risky sexual behavior.
Paul Heidenreich, MD
Professor of Medicine (Cardiovascular) and, by courtesy, of Health Research and Policy at the Palo Alto Veterans Affairs Health Care System
Current Research and Scholarly InterestsMy research interests include
1) The cost-effectiveness of new cardiovascular technologies.
Example: tests to screen asymptomatic patients for left ventricular systolic dysfunction.
2) Interventions to improve the quality of care of patients with heart disease. Examples: include clinical reminders and home monitoring.
3) Outcomes research using existing clinical and administrative datasets.
4) Use of echocardiography to predict prognosis (e.g. diastolic dysfunction).
Victor W. Henderson, MD, MS
Professor of Health Research and Policy (Epidemiology) and of Neurology
Current Research and Scholarly InterestsResearch interests:
(1) Risk factors for age-associated cognitive decline and for dementia.
(2) Therapeutic strategies to improve cognitive function in aging and in dementia.
(3) Brain-behavior relations as they pertain to human cognition.
Mark Hlatky, MD
Professor of Health Research and Policy (Health Services Research) and of Medicine (Cardiovascular Medicine)
Current Research and Scholarly InterestsMy main research work is in "outcomes research", especially examining the field of cardiovascular medicine. Particular areas of interest are the integration of economic and quality of life data into randomized clinical trials, evidence-based medicine, decision models, and cost-effectiveness analysis. I am also interested in the application of novel genetic, biomarker, and imaging tests to assess risk and guide clinical management of coronary artery disease.
Professor (Research) of Medicine (Stanford Prevention Research Center/Cancer Institute) and, by courtesy, of Health Research and Policy (Epidemiology)
Current Research and Scholarly InterestsResearch Focus
• Epidemiology of prostate, hepatobiliary, and thyroid cancers
• Racial disparities in cancer
• Endogenous hormones/growth factors
• Circadian rhythms
• Chronic inflammation
• Genetic susceptibility
• Cancer prevention and control
• Global oncology and international studies