Rita Esuru Okoroafor is currently a Graduate student at the Energy Resources Engineering Department. She is interested in coupling Geomechanics with Reservoir Engineering of Enhanced Geothemal Systems.
Prior to the graduate program, she has worked with Schlumberger for over 12 years. Most of her work experience has been on the fields in the Gulf of Guinea. She has held the positions of Borehole Reservoir Engineer, Reservoir and Production Engineering Team Lead, Sales Manager, Reservoir Domain Champion and Real Time Productivity Steering Product Analyst.
Her technical roles resulted in extensive experience on Formation Testing, Petrophysics, Well Testing, Production Logging, Well Integrity and Single Well Simulation and Production Forecasting, from which she has ten technical papers published, one granted patent and one patent application.
Her non-technical roles gave her an opportunity to develop skills in leadership, communication, presentation and customer relationship management.
Since 2005, Rita has been an active volunteer with the Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE), holding leadership and committee member positions, locally, regionally and internationally.
Her other interest includes writing and she is the author of the fiction novels "Against The Perfect Will" and "Morning Does Come".
Roland Horne, Master's Program Advisor
- Production Increase in an Onshore Oilfield Using a Rapid Screening and Multidisciplinary Approach Society of Petroleum Engineers. OnePetro. 2017
- Enhanced Geosteering With While-Drilling Productivity Evaluation: A Methodology to Optimize Horizontal Well Productivity Society of Petroleum Engineers. OnePetro. 2016
- From Exploration to Development: The Value of Formation Pressure While Drilling Applications Society of Petroleum Engineers. 2015
- A Case Study of Real-Time Integrated Formation Evaluation and Horizontal Wellbore Placement in a Thin-Bedded Reservoir Society of Petroleum Engineers. 2013
- Production Logging and Flow Diagnosis in Heterogenous Reservoirs Society of Petroleum Engineers. 2013
- Optimizing Waterflooding Schemes and Completion Decisions in Deepwater Environments Using Formation Pressure While Drilling (FPWD): A Bonga Field Application Society of Petroleum Engineers. 2012
- The Quest for Productivity Steering Society of Petroleum Engineers. OnePrtro. 2016
- While-Drilling Productivity Evaluation of Horizontal Wells Society of Petroleum Engineers. 2015
- Maximizing the Benefits of Real-Time LWD Data for Production Performance Prediction Society of Petroleum Engineers. 2014
- An Integrated Approach To Cement Evaluation Society of Petroleum Engineers. 2012