Stanford Physics PhD candidate in Tom Devereaux's lab (Co-Advised by Xiaoliang Qi) conducting research on quantum phases of matter, with a focus on topology.
Quantum Student Contributor @ Physics World.
- Quantum @ Google X
- Algorithms Research @ Samsung Think Tank Team (TTT)
- Research Fellow @ Wolfram Research
- Research @ Institute for Quantum Computing (IQC) under Michele Mosca
- Research @ Yale Quantum Institute (YQI) under Liang Jiang.
BS '17 Yale, Cum Laude in Intensive Physics, and Mathematics & Philosophy, with distinction in both majors.
Honors & Awards
Cum Laude, Yale University (2017)
Howard L. Schultz Award, Department of Physics, Yale University (2017)
Honorable Mention, Goldwater Foundation (2016)
Richter Fellow, Yale University (2016)
Undergraduate Research Award, Institute for Quantum Computing, University of Waterloo (2016)
Silver Medal, International University Physics Competition (2015)
Tetelman Research Fellow, Yale University (2014)
Education & Certifications
B.S., Yale University, Intensive Physics, Mathematics and Philosophy (2017)
Current Research and Scholarly Interests
Quantum Computing, Condensed Matter Theory and Machine Learning.
Quantum Resident @ X, the Moonshot Factory, X, the Moonshot Factory (August 26, 2019 - Present)
Algorithms R&D @ Wolfram Research, Wolfram Research
Algorithms Research @ Samsung Think Tank Team (TTT), Samsung Think Tank Team (TTT) (5/26/2020 - 12/18/2020)
Mountain View, CA
- Gauge invariance of light-matter interactions in first-principle tight-binding models PHYSICAL REVIEW B 2021; 103 (15)
Correlation-Assisted Quantized Charge Pumping
Physical Review B
2021; 103 (3): 035112
View details for DOI 10.1103/PhysRevB.103.035112
Dynamical signatures of symmetry protected topology following symmetry breaking
Physical Review Research
2021; 3 (2)
View details for DOI 10.1103/PhysRevResearch.3.023137
- Quantum Hamiltonian-Based Models and the Variational Quantum Thermalizer Algorithm ArXiv 2019
Comparison of memory thresholds for planar qudit geometries
New Journal of Physics
2017; 19 (113001-119502)
View details for DOI 10.1088/1367-2630/aa939a