Education & Certifications
M.S., Stanford University, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Atmosphere and Energy (2016)
B.S., Stanford University, Engineering Physics, Renewable Energy concentration (2014)
Current Research and Scholarly Interests
grid-scale energy storage, microgrids, electrochemical models, optimization, machine learning
Senior Consultant, Grid Engineering, Strategen (2018 - 2019)
Applying engineering knowledge to technical analysis and modelling for decarbonization and modernization of the electric grid.
- Modelling dispatch optimization and analyzing economic value of behind-the-meter and front-of-meter energy storage.
- Analysis and valuation of smart inverters and other distributed energy resources (DERs).
- Informing policy and regulation with technical expertise, for the integration of renewable energy into a smart and dynamic electric grid.
Senior Systems Engineer, Geli (2016 - 2018)
Project engineering and technical project management for intelligent battery systems, in an energy storage startup.
- Designed, tested, and commissioned energy storage solutions.
- Deployed the first live production site successfully using Geli's Demand Charge Management and Backup Power algorithms.
- Developed software drivers, integrating energy storage system hardware with the Geli platform.
- Wrote and compiled technical documentation on processes and project development (single-line diagrams, communications diagrams, process workflows).
San Francisco, CA
Characterization and Synthesis of Duty Cycles for Battery Energy Storage Used in Peak Shaving Dispatch
ASME Letters in Dynamic Systems and Control
View details for DOI 10.1115/1.4050192
- Smart Inverter Interoperability Standards and Open Testing Framework to Support High-Penetration Distributed Photovoltaics and Storage California Energy Commission. 2020
- Analysis Report of Wholesale Energy Market Participation by Distributed Energy Resources (DERs) in California California Energy Commission. 2018
100% Clean and renewable wind, water, and sunlight all-sector energy roadmaps for 139 countries of the world
2017; 1 (1): 108-121
View details for DOI 10.1016/j.joule.2017.07.005
- Integrated Solar PV, Vanadium Redox Flow Battery, and Microgrid Demonstration Project California Energy Commission. 2017
Assessing Climate Change Vulnerability of Microgrid Systems
View details for Web of Science ID 000399937904006