Kevin C. Moore teaches rhetoric and writing. He holds a PhD in English from UCLA (2013), and an MA in English from the University of Arizona. Prior to arriving at Stanford, he taught as a lecturer in the Writing Program at the University of California, Santa Barbara (2013-2019). His research interests include the rhetoric of creativity, writer’s block, science communication, propaganda studies, and Ralph Ellison. Dr. Moore's work has appeared in Arizona Quarterly, Composition Studies, Writing on the Edge, MAKE, Souciant, and the Santa Barbara Independent, as well as a number of edited collections. He also writes fiction, creative nonfiction, and film reviews.
Lecturer, Stanford Introductory Studies - Program in Writing and Rhetoric
Ph.D., UCLA, English (2013)
M.A., University of Arizona, English (2007)
B.A., University of Washington, English (2003)
Current Research and Scholarly Interests
"Wrestling with the Far Right: Ellison's Representations of Fascism." Ralph Ellison in Context. Paul Devlin, ed. Cambridge University Press. Accepted January 2020.
- “Invisible in the White House: Rethinking Ellison through Barack Obama’s Global Reading List.” Ralph Ellison Special Issue, Literature of the Americas. 2018; 1.5 (Fall 2018): 151-163.
- "Three Days Before the Shooting." Writing on the Edge. 2017; 27.2 ((Spring 2017)): 29-35.
Ethical Dilemmas in the Engineering Writing Classroom.
Creative Ways of Knowing in Engineering.
edited by Bairaktarova, D., Eodice, M.
Springer. . 2016: 197–218.
View details for DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-49352-7_8
- Hawthorne's Doctor Experiments: Medicine, Risk Culture, and the Development of Psychological Realism. A Passion for Getting it Right: Essays and Appreciations in Honor of Michael J. Colacurcio's 50 Years of Teaching. edited by Bensick, C. Peter Lang. 2015: 11–38
- Parting at the Windmills: Malamud's The Fixer as Historical Metafiction ARIZONA QUARTERLY 2013; 69 (1): 91–118
- Review of Culture and Course of Human Evolution, by Gary Tomlinson. MAKE Literary Magazine. https://www.makemag.com/review-culture-and-the-course-of-human-evolution-by-gary-tomlinson/. 2019
- Review of Whole Earth Field Guide, ed. Caroline Maniaque-Benton. MAKE Literary Magazine. 2 Jan. 2018
- Review of The Hatred of Poetry, by Ben Lerner. MAKE Literary Magazine. 15 Sept.. 2016