Mechanical Engineering, Polytechnic University of Catalonia - BarcelonaTech (2008)
Masther's Thesis, KTH - Royal Institute of Technology (2008)
Doctor of Philosophy, Polytechnic University of Catalonia - BarcelonaTech (2014)
Current Research and Scholarly Interests
Interested in numerical methods for computational fluid dynamics and multiphysics. The research is mainly focused on multiphase turbulent flows, and includes raids into compressible and low-mach number flows, combustion processes, adaptive mesh refinement and high performance computing.
The objective is to develop discrete numerical models for the simulation of flow phenomena such that mimic the properties of the continuous conservation equations. The mathematical formulations are principally based on finite-volume approaches, the models developed are suitable for 3-D unstructured meshes, and the implementations are properly parallelized in order to be resolved on supercomputers.
- A level-set aided single-phase model for the numerical simulation of free-surface flow on unstructured meshes COMPUTERS & FLUIDS 2016; 140: 97-110
- A coupled volume-of-fluid/level-set method for simulation of two-phase flows on unstructured meshes COMPUTERS & FLUIDS 2016; 124: 12-29
- Parallel load balancing strategy for Volume-of-Fluid methods on 3-D unstructured meshes JOURNAL OF COMPUTATIONAL PHYSICS 2015; 282: 269-288
Level-set simulations of buoyancy-driven motion of single and multiple bubbles
INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF HEAT AND FLUID FLOW
2015; 56: 91-107
View details for DOI 10.1016/j.ijheatfluidflow.2015.07.004
- A finite-volume/level-set method for simulating two-phase flows on unstructured grids INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF MULTIPHASE FLOW 2014; 64: 55-72
- A 3-D Volume-of-Fluid advection method based on cell-vertex velocities for unstructured meshes COMPUTERS & FLUIDS 2014; 94: 14-29
- CONSERVATION PROPERTIES OF UNSTRUCTURED FINITE-VOLUME MESH SCHEMES FOR THE NAVIER-STOKES EQUATIONS NUMERICAL HEAT TRANSFER PART B-FUNDAMENTALS 2014; 65 (1): 53-79