School of Earth, Energy and Environmental Sciences
Showing 1-10 of 14 Results
Sarah Dawn Saltzer
Managing Director of SCCS, Department of Energy Resources Engineering - Energy Resources Engineering
Current Role at StanfordManaging Director Stanford Center for Carbon Storage
Managing Director Stanford Carbon Initiative
Director of Outreach Education, School of Earth, Energy and Environmental Sciences
Current Role at StanfordJennifer directs the educational outreach programs in the School of Earth, Energy & Environmental Sciences. These programs include Geokids, an early elementary school field trip to campus, the Earth Sciences High School Internships and teacher professional development opportunities. Jennifer serves as a pre-major advisor as well as provides mentoring to students who are interested in science education careers.
Ricardo Ramon Sanchez Romero
Masters Student in Sustainability Science and Practice
Student Advisor, Earth Systems Program
BioRicardo is a senior in the Biosphere track of Earth Systems focusing on Conservation Biology. Throughout his experience at Stanford, Ricardo loved to pursue the practicum classes offered such as Ecology and Natural History of Jasper Ridge, Science of Soils, and Principles and Practices of Sustainable Agriculture. His junior year, Ricardo went to Australia and explored the Coral Reef and Coastal Forest Ecosystems. For the past summers, Ricardo worked in conservation research, NPS for Yosemite, CleanTech start up, and a team project funded by the D.School. This June 2020, Ricardo will be finishing his Undergrad and Master’s degree in Sustainability.
Noelle Barbara Schoellkopf
Adjunct Professor, Department of Geological Sciences
BioNoelle Schoellkopf is Petroleum System Modeling Advisor for Schlumberger SIS and lives in Danville, California. She has lectured regularly at Stanford since 2008, as part of the Basin and Petroleum Systems Modeling (BPSM) program in the School of Earth, Energy & Environmental Sciences.
• GEOLSCI 248. The Petroleum System: Investigative method to explore for conventional & unconventional hydrocarbons (Magoon)
• GEOLSCI 255. Basin and Petroleum System Modeling (Peters, Hosford-Scheirer)
• GS 216. In-Depth Topics in Basin & Petroleum System Modeling (Schoellkopf, Scheirer)
• Invited guest lecturer for other courses and workshops (Mukerji, Dutta, NGI..)
• 30+ years of extensive experience with Gulf Oil, Chevron and Schlumberger, in exploration geology, new ventures evaluations, basin and petroleum systems modeling, source rock geochemical analysis and regional evaluations, exploration geologic risk assessment, numerical simulation using PetroMod and other software.
• Expertise in implementation of standard workflows and methods for petroleum systems evaluations and risk assessments.
• Global expertise in numerical modeling of conventional and unconventional resources in various geological settings. Projects in over 50 countries.
• Experienced member of many evaluation teams for exploration bid rounds, farm-out presentations, geologic risk assessments using integrated workflows. Peer reviews of corporate exploration processes, charge-related geologic risk assessments.
• Adjunct lecturer, Stanford University, Basin and Petroleum Systems Modeling program. Instructor for Schlumberger SIS, AAPG and NExT.
Noelle has a B.A. degree in geology from Bryn Mawr College and a M.S. in geology from George Washington University.
Administrative Associate 3, Department of Geophysics - Geophysics
Current Role at StanfordAdministrative Assistant to Prof. Mark Zoback and Natural Gas Initiative (NGI) & Stanford Center for Induced and Triggered Seismicity (SCITS) Affiliate Programs
Senior Web Developer, School of Earth, Energy and Environmental Sciences
Current Role at StanfordSenior Web Developer for Stanford School of Earth, Energy & Environmental Sciences, Dean's Office, developing back end infrastructure for school, department, program, and research group web sites as well as special projects and other areas of interest.