School of Medicine
Showing 1-3 of 3 Results
The Ernest and Amelia Gallo Professor, Professor of Urology, of Developmental Biology and, by courtesy, of Chemical and Systems Biology
Current Research and Scholarly InterestsFunction of Hedgehog proteins and other extracellular signals in morphogenesis (pattern formation), in injury repair and regeneration (pattern maintenance). We study how the distribution of such signals is regulated in tissues, how cells perceive and respond to distinct concentrations of signals, and how such signaling pathways arose in evolution. We also study the normal roles of such signals in stem-cell physiology and their abnormal roles in the formation and expansion of cancer stem cells.
Professor of Developmental Biology, of Computer Science, of Pediatrics (Genetics) and of Biomedical Data Science
Current Research and Scholarly Interests1. Automating monogenic patient diagnosis.
2. The genomic signatures of independent divergent and convergent trait evolution in mammals.
3. The logic of human gene regulation.
4. The reasons for sequence ultraconservation.
5. Cryptogenomics to bridge medical silos.
6. Cryptogenetics to debate social injustice.
7. Managing patient risk using machine learning.
8. Understanding the flow of money in the US healthcare system.
Assistant Professor of Developmental Biology
Current Research and Scholarly InterestsMy lab focuses on investigating the role of three-dimensional genome organization in regulating gene expression and in shaping cell fate specification during development. We pursue this with advanced single-molecule imaging and transgenics.