→ HCP Graduate Mechanical Engineering part time student. Full time Mechanical Engineer at Intuitive Surgical.
→ Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering at the University of California, Irvine.
→ Grew an interest in the medical device field through self led research in developing a prosthetic for a user with a congenital limb deficiency of the hand.
→ Later grew passionate about Minimally Invasive Surgery through industry experience in Neuroendovascular Surgery.
→ Strongly believe that Minimally Invasive Surgical Robotics is an imperative step to catalyzing a paradigm shift in significantly improving patient outcomes and broadening scope of impact.
Honors & Awards
4th Place MAE 106 Autonomous Pneumatic Robot Competition, University of California Irvine (2019)
1st Place ENGR7B Autonomous Mapping Quadcopter Competition, University of California Irvine (2017)
UCI Deans Honor List, University of California, Irvine (2016 - 2020)
2nd Place ENGR7A Human Controlled Quadcopter Competition, University of California Irvine (2016)
Education & Certifications
B.S., University of California, Irvine, Mechanical Engineering (2020)
→ Mountain Biking
→ Electric Guitar
→ Cooking and Baking
→ 3D Printing
See Personal Portfolio, NA
All projects located in Personal Portfolio
Engineer II: Mechanical Engineering, Ion | Intuitive Surgical, Intuitive Surgical (3/28/2022 - Present)
• Support the design, development, and verification of the Ion surgical robotic platform.
• Rapid development of full-scale prototypes to implement on the current-use Ion systems.
• Design final product components and develop respective mechanical drawings.
• Document key design decisions and run design review meetings.
• Design and construct engineering fixtures for testing, verification, and validation.
• Develop complete mechanical assemblies, with careful consideration for key functions and safety.
Rotational Engineer 1: Marketing - Business Analytics | MicroVention Terumo, MicroVention Terumo (11/15/2021 - 3/28/2022)
• Created a Marketing Dashboard for CASPER Carotid Stent, showing ASP, Revenue, Units Sold, and other KPIs broken down regionally.
• Performed a Competitive Pricing ASP and Market Share Analysis for all Access and Coils products against competitors.
• Supported competitor and internal product comparison.
• Supported merchandise distribution for FRED X product launch.
Rotational Engineer 1: Equipment Design Engineering | MicroVention-Terumo, MicroVention-Terumo (2/15/2021 - 11/15/2021)
• Lead mechanical and software redesigns for various equipment projects simultaneously, supporting both California and Costa Rica Manufacturing lines from project conception to customer delivery. Extensive CAD Design.
• Created and executed SMVP, SSP, STP, STR, and SRA software protocols for Software Validation.
• Created Technical Drawing package and supported design of Automated Guidewire Transfer System (automated robotic arm system, 3000+ component assembly).
• Drafted and coordinated Quality Plans (QPL) for Equipment Qualifications (IQOQ).
• Supported machining, 3D printing, and PLC electrical wiring of manufacturing equipment.
• Manage CAD Documentation through PTC Creo/Windchill environment.
Rotational Engineer 1: Manufacturing Engineering | MicroVention-Terumo, MicroVention-Terumo (6/15/2020 - 2/15/2021)
• Led and supervised Process Validation efforts for the RENZAN Peripheral Vascular Stent.
• Developed new equipment from design to customer delivery and composed a modified manufacturing procedure for the AZUR Vascular Plug [AVP]
• Led and performed Statistical Analyses (DOE, ANOVA, IMR, etc.) to evaluate and guide design improvements. Extensive use of CAD Mechanical Design and Finite Element Analysis/Stress Analysis.
• Developed and executed a statistically driven R&D (JRD) study to understand the yielding characteristics of all product spooled Nitinol wires to justify in house spooling.
• Documentation Experience: IQOQ, TM, DT/TD, ES, MP, PPQP/PPQR, SMVP, QPL. Document Management through PTC Creo, Windchill
Engineering Intern | MicroVention Terumo, MicroVention-Terumo (6/15/2019 - 6/15/2020)
• Led Process Improvements for Embolus Retriever with Interlinked Cages [ERIC] and AZUR Vascular Plug [AVP] through equipment design and improvement.
• Performed DOE to define operating parameters and guide design.
• Drafted ES, MP, DT/TD, and IQOQ documentation for designs.