I received a BS degree in Chemistry (2019) advised by Prof. Guibin Jiang, Prof. Dujin Wang & Prof. Xia Dong; and an MS degree in Archaeological Science (2022) advised by Prof. Yimin Yang from University of Chinese Academy of Sciences. My research in the past focused on the analysis of ancient alcoholic beverages, with several interesting findings and methodological contributions. Besides, I also conducted some research about ancient ceramics and Chinese alchemy.
At Stanford, I plan to learn the research paradigm of archaeology and anthropology, continue to analyze alcohol remains to restore information about their types, raw materials, and techniques, and, if possible, introduce or extend metabolomics or other methods to archaeological research.
Honors & Awards
“Li Ji” Prize for Chinese Archaeology, Finalist, "Discovering China" Foundation (2021)
Excellent Graduation Thesis (Bachelor), University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (2019)
Current Research and Scholarly Interests
Multi-Omics characterization of a 1300-year-old Qu-wine in Northwest China
Speculation on the death of Haihun Marquis in Han Dynasty—Evidence from spectroscopic analysis of buried soils
Analysis of organic residues in small pottery from Cha'Hai Site in Early Neolithic of Northern China
Study on pit mud of Suixi Brewing Site in Ming & Qing Dynasties
Li Liu, (9/26/2022)
- Characterization of liquor remains in Beibaie site, central China during the 8th century BCE MICROCHEMICAL JOURNAL 2022; 177
- Integrated interpretation of pXRF data on ancient nephrite artifacts excavated from Tomb No.1 in Yuehe Town, Henan Province, China HERITAGE SCIENCE 2022; 10 (1)
- Organic residue analysis of some Tang Dynasty calabash remains unearthed in Xinjiang (In Chinese) Journal of Chinese History of Science and Technology 2022; 43 (4)
- The Origin and Development of Fritware in the Middle East (In Chinese) Journal of Guangxi University for Nationalities (Natural Science Edition) 2021; 27 (3)
- Dynamic Bonds Mediate pi-pi Interaction via Phase Locking Effect for Enhanced Heat Resistant Thermoplastic Polyurethane CHINESE JOURNAL OF POLYMER SCIENCE 2021; 39 (2): 154-163