I'm a PhD candidate in Education and Economics and I'll be graduating in the spring of 2023.
Education & Certifications
MSc, University of Sao Paulo, Economics (2017)
BA, Pontifical Catholic University - Rio de Janeiro, Economics (2013)
Research Assistant for Professor Eric Bettinger, Stanford University (October 2017 - June 2022)
I was responsible for performing data analysis for multiple research projects and managing field experiments (RCTs and A/B tests):
- Generated descriptive statistics to inform the viability of projects, which supported decision-making;
- Applied causal inference methods, including unsupervised machine learning methods to estimate heterogeneity in the treatment effect of interventions, generating research results.
- Developed and maintained a partnership with a governmental institution to facilitate the implementation and evaluation of a large-scale intervention, delivering a sample size of 40,000 participants to the experiment;
- Designed a dynamic model to visualize the trade-offs between statistical power and financial needs, which was used to define implementation priorities and funding procurement;
- Procured and negotiated with potential service providers and financial supporters, securing more than US$180,000 in additional funding.