Throughout my career I have learned what my strengths are and how to leverage them to cultivate a positive environment and further the company mission. Helping teams thrive through strategic initiatives that showcase a positive, quality driven, DEIJ culture is something that I care deeply about. I have over twenty years of experience in finding innovative solutions, galvanizing teams, inspiring change, developing sustainable strategies and nurturing collaboration. Being resourceful, futuristic and efficient are skills I pride myself on.
Prior to joining Stanford, I worked at Kaiser Permanente in multiple roles, most recently as a Skilled Nursing Authorization Specialist and Quality Program Assistant. During my time in this role, I performed data mining, database maintenance and creation, statistical and financial reporting, document creation, Medicare & HMO billing approvals, quality and best practice initiatives, project management and medical supply procurement. A large part of my time was spent on analyzing, developing and fostering strategic quality processes to improve patient care and experience.
Current Role at Stanford
At the Laboratory for Cell and Gene Medicine (LCGM), I provide administrative and operational support:
- Develop, lead and engage stakeholders in process improvement procedures and initiatives that further promote the lab culture, vision and mission.
- Implement and liaison on HR functions including recruitment, hiring, onboarding and orienting, transitions, and separations.
- Construct and ensure unit policies align with University, Department and Division initiatives, policies and guidelines.
- Manage and create communication platforms and content, sharing lab and campus wide initiatives and events; health and wellness, development offerings, affinity groups, and DEIJ.
- Generate, build and implement innovative organization systems and solutions for data management and reporting.
- Perform finance and travel transactions; STAP, P-Card, T-Card, Expense Reporting, and Procurement.
- Promote a positive culture, experience and development through the creation and coordination of in-lab training opportunities on a wide range of subjects; e.g., Wellness, Communication, Psychological Safety, Interviewing Skills