- High-bandwidth CMOS-voltage-level electro-optic modulation of 780 nm light in thin-film lithium niobate OPTICS EXPRESS 2022; 30 (13): 23177-23186
High-efficiency second harmonic generation of blue light on thin-film lithium niobate.
2022; 47 (11): 2706-2709
The strength of interactions between photons in a chi(2) nonlinear optical waveguide increases at shorter wavelengths. These larger interactions enable coherent spectral translation and light generation at a lower power, over a broader bandwidth, and in a smaller device: all of which open the door to new technologies spanning fields from classical to quantum optics. Stronger interactions may also grant access to new regimes of quantum optics to be explored at the few-photon level. One promising platform that could enable these advances is thin-film lithium niobate (TFLN), due to its broad optical transparency window and possibility for quasi-phase matching and dispersion engineering. In this Letter, we demonstrate second harmonic generation of blue light on an integrated thin-film lithium niobate waveguide and observe a conversion efficiency of eta0=33, 000%/W-cm2, significantly exceeding previous demonstrations.
View details for DOI 10.1364/OL.455046
View details for PubMedID 35648910
- Mid-infrared nonlinear optics in thin-film lithium niobate on sapphire OPTICA 2021; 8 (6): 921-924
- Determination of Fermi Level Position at the Graphene/GaN Interface Using Electromodulation Spectroscopy ADVANCED MATERIALS INTERFACES 2020
- Development of a Millimeter-Wave Transducer for Quantum Networks IEEE. 2020
- Depletion Layer Built-In Field at (1-100), (0001), and (000-1) GaN/Water Junction and Its Role in Semiconductor Nanowire Water Splitting ADVANCED MATERIALS INTERFACES 2019; 6 (4)
- Origin and annealing of deep-level defects in GaNAs grown by metalorganic vapor phase epitaxy JOURNAL OF APPLIED PHYSICS 2016; 119 (18)
- Bi-induced acceptor level responsible for partial compensation of native free electron density in InP1-xBix dilute bismide alloys JOURNAL OF PHYSICS D-APPLIED PHYSICS 2016; 49 (11)