School of Medicine
Showing 1-7 of 7 Results
Postdoctoral Scholar, Radiological Sciences Laboratory
BioDr Wilson completed a Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Science (University of Auckland, New Zealand, 2007), and a Postgraduate Diploma in Medical Sciences (UoA, 2008).
He then changed his focus to engineering and applied mathematics, and completed a Masters of Operations Research (UoA, Faculty of Engineering, 2011). In his Master's thesis, he developed a mixed-integer linear formulation for determining optimal electricity distribution tariffs under a range of power generation conditions.
Dr Wilson then switched focus back to Biomedical Sciences and completed a PhD in Bioengineering with a joint appointment in the Department of Physiology and the Auckland Bioengineering Institute. His Doctoral thesis (2018) focused on the physiology and biomechanics of cardiac remodeling underpinning heart failure.
During his first Postdoctoral position (University of South Florida Heart Institute, 2018-2019), Dr Wilson developed nanoparticle therapies for myocardial ischemia-reperfusion injury, as well as anti-thrombin nanoparticles to reduce thrombus formation while limiting bleeding risk.
Dr Wilson is currently a member of the Cardiac MRI Research Group at Stanford University (PI: Professor Daniel Ennis), and works on a range of projects including (i) using tissue clearing techniques to understand the fundamental branching structure of the myocardium (ii) developing new diffusion tensor MRI reconstruction techniques for extracting cardiac microstructure and pathology (iii) using MRI and histology to understand the myocardial structural and functional improvements brought about by ACE inhibitor treatment.
● Wilson et al "Myocardial Mesostructure and Mesofunction" [2022 AJP-H&C]
● Wilson et al "Restored Torsion and Longitudinal Strain in ACE Inhibitor Treated Hypertension" [2022 ISMRM]
● Wilson et al "Assessment of Microstructural Remodeling in Myocardial InfarctionUsing Advanced Diffusion Metrics" [2022 SCMR]
● Wilson et al "Graph-based Analysis Of Cardiomyocyte Network Connectivity" [2021 AHA:SS]
● Wilson et al "Collagen Remodeling Of Spontaneously Hypertensive Rats Undergoing Quinapril Treatment Measured By Three Dimensional Shape Analysis" [2021 BCVS]
● Wilson et al "Analysis of Location-Dependent Cardiomyocyte Branching" [2021 FIMH]
● Wilson et al "Microstructure-Based Simulation of Myocardial Diffusion Using Extended Volume Confocal Microscopy" [2021 ISMRM]
● Wilson et al "ACE Inhibitor Treatment Normalizes Apparent Diffusion Coefficient in Spontaneously Hypertensive Rats" [2021 SCMR]
● Wilson et al "Relationship Between Myocyte Branching and Location Within Myocardial Sheetlet" [2020 AHA:SS]
● Wilson et al "Comparison of MRI-Derived Left Ventricular End-Diastolic Pressure-Volume Relationship with Ex Vivo Measurements" [2020 VPH]
● Wilson et al "Myocardial Laminar Organization Is Retained in Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme Inhibitor Treated SHRs" [2020 Exp Mech]
● Wilson et al "Formulation and Characterization of Antithrombin Perfluorocarbon Nanoparticles" [2020 Methods]